Easy to make, a nice balance of healthy protein and veggies, this wrap is an ideal snack when you are hungry. You must chegg it out!
Spicy Egg & Lettuce Wrap
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 Cup lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 onions
- 2-3 chilies Red
- To taste salt
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (optional)
- 2 Tortillas (or chapatis)
- Get your ingredients ready. Finely chop the onions. Chop the chilies into small pieces. Dice the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Boil some water in a pan and slowly place the eggs into it. Cook them for 7 minutes, switch off the flame and plunge the eggs in cold water. Leave them to cool.
- Heat some oil, and fry the onions in medium flame.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add the chili flakes and mix well.
- Fry till the onions are caramelized.
- Transfer the fried onions and chilies to a bowl, and add the chopped tomatoes and lettuce.
- Peel the boiled eggs, and slice them lengthwise into four pieces. Add the eggs to the bowl.
- Add salt and mix slowly. Your wrap filling is ready.
- Take two tortillas and spread some cream cheese on them. Note: Adding cream cheese is optional. Your wrap will taste great even without it. I used chapatis instead of tortillas. Add half of the wrap filling on each tortilla.
- Slowly roll the tortillas to make a wrap. Your spicy egg and lettuce wrap is ready to serve!