Next time you feel like having a cheesecake, make (not bake) it at home. This recipe will help you make a refreshing no-bake strawberry cheesecake in no time. With all the ingredients ready, which aren’t many, you can make this cheesecake in 15 mins.
Try it next weekend…or today!
15 minutes No-Bake Cheesecake
- 8 Digestive biscuits
- 30 gram Butter (approx 1 inch by 2 inches)
- 100 gm Cream cheese
- 100 ml Whipping cream
- 15-16 Strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Gelatin powder
Make the base
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a plastic bag to fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can give them a quick blitz in a blender. Transfer the crumbs to a small bowl, and add one teaspoon sugar*.
- Melt some butter in a pan, pour this over the biscuit crumbs and sugar, and mix well to get a soil-like consistency.
- This is the base for our cheesecake. Take 4 glasses and put 1/4th of the biscuit mixture to each of the glasses.
- Press them to the bottom of the glass. You can use your fingers or the flat bottom of a bottle to get a firm base.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese to make it smooth and creamy. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix well.
- In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until it thickens. 2-3 min of whipping should be sufficient. The cream should be able to hold it's shape after whipping**.
- Finely slice 2-3 strawberries and mix them in the whipping cream. Adding strawberry pieces is optional, but it adds a nice texture/bite to the cheesecake. Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese.
- Spread this filling evenly on top of the biscuit base in the four glasses and smoothen the top.
- In a blender, blitz 5-6 strawberries with just a little water to make a puree. Chill the remaining strawberries.
- In a glass, add 2 tablespoons of water to 1/2 tablespoon gelatin powder and mix well. Pour the pureed strawberries to the gelatin mix, and blend well to make a thick sauce topping.
- Pour the strawberry topping into the glasses. Cover the glasses with a plastic wrap and keep them in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until set, before serving.
- Top with the remaining strawberries (cut them into halves and arrange them evenly in the glasses).
- Refreshing no-bake strawberry cheesecake is ready to serve. Pure bliss on a warm summer afternoon!