Next time you feel like having a cheesecake, make (not bake) it at home. This recipe will help you make a refreshing no-bake strawberry cheesecake in no time. With all the ingredients ready, which aren’t many, you can make this cheesecake in 15 mins.
Try it next weekend…or today!
15 minutes No-Bake Cheesecake
Next time you feel like having a cheesecake, make (not bake) it at home. This recipe will help you make a refreshing no-bake strawberry cheesecake in no time. With all the ingredients ready, which isn't many, you can make this cheesecake in 15 mins. For best results, leave it in the fridge for at least 5-6 hours before serving.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 Digestive biscuits
- 30 gram Butter (approx 1 inch by 2 inches)
- 100 gm Cream cheese
- 100 ml Whipping cream
- 15-16 Strawberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Gelatin powder
Make the base
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a plastic bag to fine crumbs. Alternatively, you can give them a quick blitz in a blender. Transfer the crumbs to a small bowl, and add one teaspoon sugar*.
- Melt some butter in a pan, pour this over the biscuit crumbs and sugar, and mix well to get a soil-like consistency.
- This is the base for our cheesecake. Take 4 glasses and put 1/4th of the biscuit mixture to each of the glasses.
- Press them to the bottom of the glass. You can use your fingers or the flat bottom of a bottle to get a firm base.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese to make it smooth and creamy. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix well.
- In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until it thickens. 2-3 min of whipping should be sufficient. The cream should be able to hold it's shape after whipping**.
- Finely slice 2-3 strawberries and mix them in the whipping cream. Adding strawberry pieces is optional, but it adds a nice texture/bite to the cheesecake. Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese.
- Spread this filling evenly on top of the biscuit base in the four glasses and smoothen the top.
- In a blender, blitz 5-6 strawberries with just a little water to make a puree. Chill the remaining strawberries.
- In a glass, add 2 tablespoons of water to 1/2 tablespoon gelatin powder and mix well. Pour the pureed strawberries to the gelatin mix, and blend well to make a thick sauce topping.
- Pour the strawberry topping into the glasses. Cover the glasses with a plastic wrap and keep them in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until set, before serving.
- Top with the remaining strawberries (cut them into halves and arrange them evenly in the glasses).
- Refreshing no-bake strawberry cheesecake is ready to serve. Pure bliss on a warm summer afternoon!
*Experiment with brown sugar to accentuate the flavours **Adding a few drops of vanilla extract will elevate the taste