Are you ready for some sticky, juicy, finger licking good, fried chicken? This easy-peasy honey fried chicken will knock your socks off!
Try this fried chicken recipe the next time you have a party at home. It’s easy to prep, doesn’t take much time to cook, and never fails to deliver. This original recipe is a proven crowd-pleaser.
The trick is in making a kick-ass marinade. It’s a simple marinade made by mixing some ketchup, tomato puree, vinegar, honey, and brown sugar. Black sesame seeds and black pepper are also added to the mix. Heat from coarsely ground black pepper balances the flavours. Unlike the regular fried chicken, we don’t have any crispy fried skin in this preparation. Instead, it is the sesame seeds that bring a crispy and crunchy texture.
Chicken pieces are coated in this marinade to soak up all the great flavours. It’s then fried on a low flame with a little oil. This slow frying cooks the chicken pieces to perfection, and leaves them with a delicious gooey coating of the honey marinade.
Take them off the flame, and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and chilli flakes. Finish off by drizzling with some more honey. That’s it! Wonderfully delicious, juicy, honey fried chicken is ready. The soft and sticky coating is so delicious that you wouldn’t be able to stop yourself from licking your fingers.
Comfort food at its best. Succulent, juicy, fried chicken with a sticky, honey-based coating. There is nothing more to it!
This easy honey fried chicken is quite adventurous when it comes to flavours! It’s sweet and tangy, delicately hot, and a touch sharp from the vinegar. Seasoning of chilli flakes and honey drizzling completes the dish. The finely chopped coriander leaves will refresh your palate, and leave you asking for more!
Honey Fried Chicken
- 4 leg pieces chicken
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- salt a pinch
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- dry red chilli flakes to season
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves)
- In a small bowl, add tomato puree, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and sesame seeds with a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Clean the chicken pieces* and score them.
- Place the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl, and pour the marinade.
- Add coarse pepper. Ensure that the chicken pieces are coated evenly with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl, and keep it to marinate in the refrigerator**.
- Heat some oil (just enough to coat the surface) in a nonstick pan.
- Fry the chicken pieces on a low flame fry for 10-15 min.
- Turn them over once the side on the pan is evenly browned.
- Pour the remaining marinade sauce in the bowl on the chicken pieces.
- Cook for another 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are fried evenly on all sides.
- Switch off, and transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle some chilli flakes, garnish with some finely chopped coriander leaves, and drizzle with some honey.
- Serve immediately hot and fresh.
- * I have used only leg pieces in this recipe. But you can use any piece.
- ** Let the chicken pieces marinate for at least a 15 minutes. If you have time, leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours.