This easy homemade chocolate ice cream is a deliciously creamy frozen dessert! This no churn ice cream can be prepared in no time, there is no cooking involved, and it doesn’t require a machine. With just six ingredients, this is easily one of the best homemade desserts.
If you are looking for dessert ideas for this summer, bookmark this page – this easy homemade chocolate ice cream recipe has to be on your list.
Do you like chocolate? Do you like ice cream? If you say yes to both these questions, this homemade chocolate ice cream is for you.
About this easy Homemade Chocolate Ice cream recipe
By making this ice cream at home you control all the ingredients that go in. We are not using any stabilizing agents, additives or preservatives that are common across most shop-bought ice creams. Whole milk and the whipped fresh cream form the body of this ice cream. Condensed milk provides the sweetness. Cocoa powder and vanilla extract add a genuine “ice creaminess” to this homemade chocolate ice cream.
Use good quality unsweetened cocoa powder while making chocolate ice cream at home. That is the mission-critical ingredient that you don’t want to compromise on! If you like your ice cream sweeter, add more condensed milk before folding in the cream.
Crushed cashew nuts are not mandatory, but I recommend adding them for a nice, crunchy texture. Alternatively, you could use pistachios or almonds. However, my favourite is toasted peanuts.
Check out the recipe below. There are no complicated steps. This Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream is as easy as it can get!
If you liked this easy homemade chocolate ice cream recipe, check out the following dessert recipes as well.
- Easy-to-make Lavender Kulfi (or use your preferred flavours)
- Ragi Manni (a healthy dessert for all occasions)
- Caramel Custard (the good oldfashioned custard dessert)
Easy Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup Cashew nuts crushed (finely chopped)
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Sift the cocoa powder through a sieve into the bowl to remove lumps and mix well.
- Whip the fresh cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the milk-cocoa mixture in the bowl.
- Line the container with some crushed cashew nuts.
- Pour the chocolate ice cream mix into the container.
- Top up with the remaining crushed cashew nuts. Close tightly with a lid.
- Freeze for about 6 hours before serving.
- If you are freezing it overnight, move it to the fridge an hour before serving. This will make it easier to scoop the ice cream.
Definitely, trying this recipe… Thanks Arun.
Thank you Anu. Please let me know how it goes. I am sure it’ll be a hit 🙂
This looks amazing, I have to try it!
Thank you very much Seanna. You should try it!! 🙂 I am sure you’ll love it.
Oh my chocolate goodness gracious! This looks fantastic…cannot wait to try it out!!
Thank you Ali!! And you are absolutely right – it is “chocolate goodness gracious” 🙂 🙂
This definitely goes to my ‘to make’ list. The recipe is simple and pictures are superb.
Thank you Sundari. This has become an in-house favourite for us as well!!
This recipe is so simple. I will definitely try it this weekend.
Thank you very much Usha. I am sure you’ll find it delicious!