This baby corn noodles is a super-easy, super-rustic bowl of food to cheer you up after a busy day of work.
If you are looking for easy recipes to save time on cooking during weekdays, this is the recipe for you! And it’s tasty and nutritious! There isn’t much of a preparation required to cook this vegetable noodles. It takes less time than ordering in from a takeaway.
About this baby corn noodles recipe
I have used some simple, honest flavours in this preparation. It’s really easy to put this together to a complete, one-pot meal. Onions, capsicum, and baby corn, cooked in soy sauce form the soul of this noodle dish. There are some wonderful textures in this dish. The main contributor is the baby corn with it’s lovely, crunchy texture.
I thought I’ll brighten up with some colours after a busy, tiring day, and ended up using green, yellow, and red capsicum in my noodles. If you can get hold of them in different colours, you’ll have a rather colourful bowl of noodles like mine. But if you decide to have only one variety, there is absolutely no problems with taste.
We are not going to spend a lot of time prepping the ingredients. Quarter the onions, slice the capsicum (bell peppers), and chop the baby corn. Fry finely chopped garlic and ginger in some olive oil (or any vegetable oil of your choice). Add the prepped ingredients to this, and fry till onions are cooked to tender. Now add corn flour, soy sauce, water, and salt. This is where the magic happens! Baby corn will soak in the soy sauce flavour, and the corn flour in water will hold this dish together. Now add the cooked noodles, stir gently to evenly distribute the baby corn mix. That’s it! Garnish with some spring onions and serve hot!
Read further for step-by-step recipe with pictures. If you like noodles, don’t forget to check out my Burmese Khow Suey recipe later.
Baby Corn Noodles
- 150 grams noodles
- 8-10 baby corn about 500 grams unpeeled
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 4 pods garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum (bell pepper) sliced
- 2 medium onions
- 1-2 green chillies sliced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- spring onions to garnish
- Cook your noodles in boiling water with a pinch of salt, and keep them aside to drain.
- Quarter the onions, slice the capsicum, and chop the baby corn to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan, and fry the ginger and garlic on a medium flame.
- Add onions, capsicum, baby corn, and green chillies, and mix well.
- Cook, while stirring occasionally, till the onions turn tender.
- Add soy sauce, water, salt, and corn flour.
- Mix well, and bring to boil.
- Add the cooked noodles, and gently stir until they are evenly coated with baby corn mix.
- Garnish with some chopped spring onions, and serve hot.
- While cooking noodles, add a teaspoon of oil to the boiling water so that they don't stick together when you drain them.
- You can add other sauces while cooking the baby corn. But be cautious about the salt levels as some of them, like oyster sauce, have enough salt in it already.
- Capsicum in different colours is not mandatory. Use the ones you have. This doesn't affect the taste at all.