The thing about fried chicken is, you cannot get enough of it no matter how many varieties you taste! Next time you want to try some kick-ass fried chicken at home, give this coriander fried chicken a try.
I am done eating fried chicken. Said, no one ever!
This is not a typical batter fried chicken. This is not a typical Indian chicken fry either! Enough of all the negativity. It takes less than 45 minutes from reading this recipe to serving some great food – try this recipe, and cook some amazing fried chicken.
Crispy on the outside, tender and juicy inside – this fried chicken ticks all the boxes! By the way, the name comes from the coriander powder used in the marinade.
Coriander Fried Chicken
- 500 grams chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- To taste salt
- In a bowl, add chili powder, coriander powder, corn flour, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric and salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and mix well. Add water, a little at a time, while mixing until you get the consistency of a marinade.
- Coat the chicken pieces with this marinade. The pieces can be of small to medium size. I recommend against using the boneless pieces. This is a rustic style fried chicken. Get your hands dirty while you eat them.
- If you have the luxury of time, let it sit for a while to absorb the spices from the marinade. But this recipe is about getting a tasty, fried chicken in no time. So if you are in a rush, don't worry. Move to step 5.
- Heat some oil in a pan. We don't want to deep fat fry. So take a little more oil than what's required for a shallow fry.
- When the oil is hot, start frying by slowly placing the chicken pieces in the pan.
- Fry in a low flame for about 5 minutes. Turn them over, and fry for another 5 minutes. Just before you take them out, increase the flame and fry for a few seconds.
- Drain the oil and leave them on some kitchen towel to soak any excess oil.
- Fry some curry leaves and garnish the fried chicken. Serve hot.
- For an added zing, fry some thinly sliced ginger and add to the garnish.
Thank you! Really happy to hear that 🙂
I tried this it’s yummy