This butter and garlic fried prawns is one of the easiest prawns (shrimp) recipes that you’ll ever come across. Succulent prawns pan fried with garlic and chilli flakes in a butter and olive oil mix. A dash of lime juice and a garnish of coriander leaves add an exotic touch to this easy prawns recipe.
The sheer simplicity of some dishes could just astonish you! This is one such recipe. Just a few ingredients, with no complicated techniques, and bare minimum cooking time – this recipe proves that you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to produce a delicious plate of food.
If you like prawns, you cannot say no to this astonishingly simple recipe. It’s finger looking good. You know you want to try it!
If you like prawns, check out the following recipes as well.
Shall we get cooking? Use this recipe to cheer up a busy weekday dinner. Hosting friends on a weekend evening? Let the fun start with this butter and garlic fried prawns. This recipe will get you off to a great start!
Butter & Garlic Fried Prawns
- 25 - 30 shrimps large prawns
- 3 - 4 kashmiri dry chilies or chilli flakes
- 20 cloves garlic
- 20 gm butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- to taste salt
- 1-2 sprigs coriander leaves cilantro
- 1 lime sliced to wedges
- De-vein the prawns and peel the shells off.
- Chop the garlic and keep it aside. Crush the chilies to flakes.
- In a thick-bottomed pan, melt butter and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the garlic and chili flakes.
- Wait for the garlic to turn golden brown, place the prawns on the pan, and give the pan a quick shake.
- If required sprinkle some salt.
- Fry the prawns for less than 3 minutes on each side, and switch off the flame. For bigger prawns cooking time could increase.
- Take the fried prawns and place them in a bowl.
- Add a tablespoon olive oil to the left over mixture in the pan, and mix well.
- Drizzle this mixture on top of the fried prawns.
- Squeeze a lime wedge or two to add a tangy note. Serve fresh and hot.
- Eat with some bread to soak up the amazing sauce.
- Prawn/shrimp heads will add more flavour to your dish. If you don't like getting your hands messy while eating, get rid of the heads as well
- Butter usually will be salted. Consider that before adding more salt to the pan
- If you like prawns, check out the following recipes as well.