Honey Fried Chicken
Are you ready for some sticky, juicy, finger licking good, fried chicken? This easy-peasy honey fried chicken is comfort food at its best.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 4 pieces
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- salt a pinch
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- dry red chilli flakes to season
- Cilantro (Coriander leaves)
In a small bowl, add tomato puree, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and sesame seeds with a pinch of salt and mix well.
Clean the chicken pieces* and score them.
Place the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl, and pour the marinade.
Add coarse pepper. Ensure that the chicken pieces are coated evenly with the marinade.
Cover the bowl, and keep it to marinate in the refrigerator**.
Heat some oil (just enough to coat the surface) in a nonstick pan.
Fry the chicken pieces on a low flame fry for 10-15 min.
Turn them over once the side on the pan is evenly browned.
Pour the remaining marinade sauce in the bowl on the chicken pieces.
Cook for another 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are fried evenly on all sides.
Switch off, and transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate.
Sprinkle some chilli flakes, garnish with some finely chopped coriander leaves, and drizzle with some honey.
Serve immediately hot and fresh.
- * I have used only leg pieces in this recipe. But you can use any piece.
- ** Let the chicken pieces marinate for at least a 15 minutes. If you have time, leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours.