Baby Corn Noodles
This baby corn noodles is a super-easy, rustic bowl of food to cheer you up after a busy day of work. Baby corn and soy sauce form the soul of this dish.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 150 grams noodles
- 8-10 baby corn about 500 grams unpeeled
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 4 pods garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum (bell pepper) sliced
- 2 medium onions
- 1-2 green chillies sliced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- spring onions to garnish
Cook your noodles in boiling water with a pinch of salt, and keep them aside to drain.
Quarter the onions, slice the capsicum, and chop the baby corn to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan, and fry the ginger and garlic on a medium flame.
Add onions, capsicum, baby corn, and green chillies, and mix well.
Cook, while stirring occasionally, till the onions turn tender.
Add soy sauce, water, salt, and corn flour.
Mix well, and bring to boil.
Add the cooked noodles, and gently stir until they are evenly coated with baby corn mix.
Garnish with some chopped spring onions, and serve hot.
- While cooking noodles, add a teaspoon of oil to the boiling water so that they don't stick together when you drain them.
- You can add other sauces while cooking the baby corn. But be cautious about the salt levels as some of them, like oyster sauce, have enough salt in it already.
- Capsicum in different colours is not mandatory. Use the ones you have. This doesn't affect the taste at all.