If you like fried chicken (well, who doesn’t!!), this sriracha fried chicken is for you!
So, how do you like your fried chicken?
There is something about fried chicken! It doesn’t matter how often you have one, it doesn’t matter how many varieties you try, you can never say no to a hot, crispy piece of fried chicken.
I came across sriracha sauce for the first time during one of my work travels to the US.
I tried it once, and voila – it was love at first taste!
This hot chilli sauce which originated from the Thai city of Si Racha is now a popular condiment in restaurants across the globe. In fact, it’s become so popular in the US that they have sriracha festivals to celebrate all the great dishes created with this wonderful hot sauce.
I thought that one of these days I am going to come up with a recipe that’ll have both fried chicken and sriracha….. and some more of sriracha. That thought gave birth to this recipe of Sriracha Fried Chicken! And luckily, last week a friend who returned from San Jose gifted us a couple of bottles of sriracha.
Sriracha sauce and chicken married together by frying – this is a match made in heaven!
About this recipe
This Sriracha Chicken Recipe is as easy as it can get. Lovely, crispy, gently sweet fried bread coating protecting mildly hot, Sriracha flavoured succulent chicken. Simple joys of life!
Takes less than 10 minutes to prep. With some really hot oil, takes even less time to cook. Show some love, and don’t indulge yourself. It is also meant for sharing!
One quick note before you get cooking: I have used chicken drumsticks in this recipe, but you can use any chicken pieces.
Sriracha Fried Chicken
- 500 grams chicken drumstick pieces
- 1/2 cup sriracha sauce
- to taste salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon spring onions (chopped) optional
- oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, sriracha sauce, water, and mix well to a thick batter consistency.
- Blend well so that there are no lumps. Taste the batter and add a pinch of salt if required.
- Add chicken pieces to the bowl, and coat them well with the batter. You can let this stand for 5-10 minutes for a quick marination.
- Take the breadcrumbs in a plate.
- Heat oil in a thick, deep-bottom pan. When the oil is hot enough*, reduce the flame to medium.
- Take a piece of batter coated chicken, and roll it in the breadcrumbs to give a uniform coating.
- Gently place the breadcrumb coated chicken in the hot oil.
- Placing many pieces into the oil at once will drop the oil temperature, and you wouldn't get the crispiness that we want.
- Gently place a few more pieces (after coating them with breadcrumbs), keeping an eye on the oil temperature.
- Turn them over and fry until you get an even golden brown colour.
- Drain the oil and place them on kitchen towels.
- Garnish with the chopped spring onions. Serve hot with, you guessed it right, some sriracha sauce for dipping.
- Don't worry about the amount of sriracha sauce. Believe me, it's not going to be too hot to savour
- *Drop a little batter into the oil. If it bubbles and rises to the top, your oil is ready
Nice information about this recipes “Sriracha Fried Chicken” i like this. It is very delicious and yummy..
Thank you Erman!
Thank you 🙂
Looks good and description tasty
🙂 Awesome! I am sure it’ll be a big hit.
wow, will try soon.