Here is an easy-to-make, fresh, and healthy salad recipe. This Chicken and almond salad with mint-cilantro dressing is ideal for a quick, weeknight dinner, and makes it a tasty, satisfying meal. This recipe is gluten-free, and paleo friendly.
Sliced cucumber, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and shredded lettuce provides a fresh, nutritious base. Almonds add an element of crunch to the salad, and the pepper-flavoured chicken completes the healthy protein option. The mint-cilantro dressing with a hint of lime juice brings a fresh, tangy twist, and holds this salad together.
Try this tasty, refreshing salad today. It takes less than 30 minutes from ingredients in your kitchen to a healthy meal on your plate!
Chicken and Almond Salad with Mint-Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (Coriander leaves)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 10 almonds
- 200 grams chicken
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- to taste salt
- 1/4 cup carrots (julienned)
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 cup lettuce leaves (shredded)
- Soak almonds in water for a couple of hours (not shown in pictures).
- Take a bunch of cilantro (coriander) leaves and a bunch of mint leaves (in a 2:1 proportion). Amount of cilantro should be roughly double the amount of mint leaves.
- Remove stems, and finely blitz the cilantro and mint leaves in a blender adding 1/4 cup of water, salt and 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Fold in 4 tablespoons of yogurt to this mint-cilantro chutney. Check for salt. Add more salt and/or lime juice if required.
- Clean the chicken pieces, add 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper powder, and mix well.
- Cook the chicken in a pressure cooker on a high flame. Switch off after one whistle (it'll take less than 10 minutes). Let it cool, and shred into small pieces (not shown in pictures).
- Peel the almonds and chop them to small pieces. Prep the remaining ingredients. Julienne the carrots, cut the cherry tomatoes to halves. Slice the cucumber and shred the lettuce.
- Transfer all the ingredients to a mixing bowl, drizzle with mint-cilantro dressing, and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy your salad fresh.