These baked potato wedges are crispy on the outside, succulent on the inside, and packed with a load of flavours! You got to try it only once to believe how good they are!
If you are looking for a delicious, yet healthy and easy-to-make snack, you don’t have to look beyond these oven-baked potato wedges!
Are you one of those gentle souls who love their potato snacks but has been trying to stay away as they are almost always deep-fried? If yes, this baked potato wedges is your redemption.
This recipe will help you serve a delicious platter of spicy baked potato chips without even breaking a sweat!
About this spicy baked potato wedges recipe
Scrub the potatoes clean with water, and slice them to even wedges. For better results use similar-sized potatoes/wedges. Once you have them all neatly cut into wedges, coat them evenly with a nice seasoning.
Torn between potato chips and potato wedges? Always pick wedges! This is where you could get all creative with the flavours. There are no hard and fast rules.
Use what you like! I made the seasoning with coconut oil, chilli flakes, sliced garlic, crushed coriander seeds, cilantro (coriander leaves), and a little salt. Mix all these ingredients, and now that’s a great seasoning!
Toss your potato wedges to get them coated evenly with this seasoning. Stack them on a lined baking tray and bake for 35 minutes. Your kitchen is going to smell amazing. The coriander seeds and garlic will provide the fragrant notes. Chilli flakes will give you a subtle kick. Cilantro will give a note of freshness. Coconut oil will give you that delicious crispy outside.
Once you have your oven-baked potato wedges ready, garnish with some more fresh cilantro. Make a salsa with finely chopped tomatoes, green chillies, and lime juice. You are all set! Enjoy these baked potato wedges with your friends! It’s a fun snack meant for sharing!
Love savoury snacks? Then don’t forget to check out these ones as well.
Baked Potato Wedges
- 6 medium Potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon dry red chilli flakes
- 6 pods garlic thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (Coriander leaves) finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- salt as required
- Scrub and wash the potatoes.
- Pat dry them and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3 wedges.
- Each potato will give you 6 wedges.
- If you are using large potatoes you might want to increase the number of wedges.
- Keep the slices consistent in size.
- In a mixing bowl, add chilli flakes, finely chopped cilantro, salt, and coconut oil.
- Crush the coriander seeds and toss them in along with the thinly sliced garlic.
- Mix well. This is our seasoning mix.
- Toss the potato wedges into a large bowl.
- Pour the seasoning mix and mix well to get all the pieces uniformly coated.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Arrange the potato wedges skin side down on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Put the timer for 30 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out and turn all the wedges to the left side and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take the tray out and turn the wedges to the right side and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Take it out and let it cool down for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.